Xiaoning Qian received the Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering from Yale University in 2005. He is currently an Assistant Professor with the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Texas A&M University. Before he joined Texas A&M, he worked as an assistant professor in the Department of Computer Science & Engineering at the University of South Florida. His current research interests include computational network biology, genomic signal processing, and biomedical image analysis.
– Analysis and intervention in biological networks;
– Functional data analysis on genomic and proteomic datasets.
- Biomedical image processing and analysis:
– Image segmentation and robust boundary finding;
– Shape-based similarity retrieval in multimedia databases.